Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Home Study

Currently we are in the "home study" process. This means I am pretty much drowning in paperwork. I have become best friends with the girl from Mail n More. Saturday we talked about how her dad is from a small town in Kentucky and has an accent like me and how she would love to adopt someday. I spent all weekend gathering and copying documents like birth certificates, marriage license, drivers licenses, etc.

This is a two...not peace.

Kelsey from Faith International Adoptions in Tacoma came for our home visit on Sunday. OMG...she could not have been more adorable. Super sweet, cute, total cheerleader (not an annoying one though, and honestly we are going to need "cheerleaders" during this endeavor) and best part...a hunter. I really wanted to frind request her on FB but Trev said it would be too creepy. It was so laid back and I felt silly for the hours I spent stressing about deep cleaning and every outlet plug being covered. She basically just hung out at our kitchen table and we talked about adoption. Then she took a quick tour of the house and that was all. TThe children slept through the whole thing
We still have a few more pieces of paperwork to return to her, reports from our physicals and waiting on our background clearances from every state we have lived in since age 18. Once all that is complete she will write her home study report and we will be ready to file the I800A. I am really hoping all this is done by the end of April.

Check back for another post this week. It is something we are super pumped to share with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment